The Colonial Age is the second age (after the Discovery Age) in Age of Empires III. It is characterised by the beginning of colonizing the "New World" and the start of the civilization's military and artillery. The Colonial Age also marks the spread of religion through introduction of the first healing units such as the priest, imam or missionaries. To advance to the Colonial Age you need to only have 800 Food .
- Units and Buildings which become available in the Colonial Age
- Church/Mosque - Priest, Missionary, Imam
- Barracks - Pikeman, Doppelsoldner, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Musketeer, Skirmisher
- Stable - Hussar, Uhlan, Cossack
- Artillery Foundry - Abus Gun, Grenadier
The Colonial Age is followed by the Fortress Age.