Banks and a Bank Wagon
Game Information Edit
The Bank produces Coin automatically once it is built (by a Settler or wagon). Initially there is a build limit of four Banks for the Dutch, but the number may be increased for Dutch players with various upgrades and Home City shipments to a total of ten banks. Banks allow the Dutch to focus their villagers on collecting food and wood. With the unique ability to produce infinite coins at a startling rate, the Dutch may use markets to their advantage and buy up large amounts of resource if a quick age jump is needed. As well, banks allow the Dutch to hire mercenaries much more easily than other civilizations, because they produce a limitless supply of Coin, unless the building is destroyed.
Each Bank generates approximately 2.75 Coin per second before any upgrades.
The Dutch have two Home City Cards which allow the Bank limit to be increase by two, once both are sent.
Overall, the total coin production after each shipment and upgrade, with each bank built is ≈38coins/second. Which is more than 40 settlers working on plantations or mines.
The Japanese can send one Bank from the Consulate in the Colonial age if allied with the Dutch (Level 25 Home City required). This bank cannot be replaced, so it should be well protected, as it can only be sent one time.
Upgrades and Cards Edit
- Increases build limits
- Bank of Amsterdam card (+1 Bank). Available in Discovery Age
- Bank of Rotterdam card (+1 Bank). Available in Discovery Age
- Religious Freedom card and then, the Coffee Trade upgrade from the Church (+2 Banks). Available in Colonial Age
- Excessive Taxation upgrade in the Capitol (+2 Banks). Available in Imperial Age
- Improve Coin generation rates.